Friday, January 28, 2011

Tips: #2 - How To Get To The Top

I'll start with a few quotes I bumped into and liked: The first and best victory is to conquer self- Plato. So true Mr. Plato. Except I would say "conquer our mind" instead of self. We are not our minds.

There was this guy who always stumbled over the truth. But he always managed to get up, brush himself off and act like he'd found nothing new out. Churchill

I'm not sure I copied that quote exactly it's not flowing as smoothly as sounded when the guy on Cable said it. But we can still get the point. We all know people who refuse to accept the truth. Thank God that's not one of my 101 weaknesses.

Okay let's see what Brian Tracy is saying today in his book, No Excuses about how we can create success for ourselves: Oh, Tracy's stating H.L. Hunt's 3 requirements for success are - Hunt we all know maybe was at one time the richest billionaire in the country: 1. Decide exactly what it is you want from life. 2. Determine the price that you are going to have to pay to get the things you want. 3. Most important: Resolve to pay that price! Makes sense. So let's do it - those who haven't already done so. My friend, oh new topic, Rochelle told me that scared straight scared her. I bumped into that show on cable last night. I was struck by the wisdom those prisoners/teachers had - gained perhaps during their time in prison. Experience is the best teacher. One huge hunky man got into a kid's face yelling really powerful warnings - he then said "are you feeling me" whoa! The kid nodded. I was reminded of what Fox News Dr. Keith Ablow said: "People know when somebody's lying. Yep. Vibes are real. One of few useful findings of the 60s.

I felt as pulled toward those prisoner/teachers as I felt when I saw those lost souls those native americans stuck on the reservations with nothing to do. God, I wanted to help them. They are doing a great thing teaching those kids about 1 road they don't want to travel. It's an absolutely fascinating show because it's real. Those guys are real. And it gave me hope because these kids with their drugs and their texting and watching stupid TV shows and their indiscriminate sex and their lack of respect for their own Creator have completely turned me off of American youth. I've been helping my grandkids the next generation. You know what's interesting how come some people can start being normal after a one day experience while others take a lifetime to grow to enough understanding that they can become normal. I suppose it depends on how boluxed up one's mind is. Those kids weren't as screwed up as others. Most of the kids changed but 3 did not.I know it's about micro blogging these days. Sorry I wanted to say macro - I'll post more soon. Love to you all. And thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment